What is a dental Veneer?
A veneer procedure is a popular cosmetic procedure. Porcelain is known as one of the best materials for esthetic dental procedures, because it mimics tooth enamel very closely. Veneers are extremely thin (usually less than 0.5 mm thickness), giving them an enamel-like translucence creating a natural appearance. They are about as thick as a contact lens or a fingernail. Tooth preparation requires very little tooth alteration.
Porcelain veneers are attached to your teeth using a dental bonding glue or cement. Although veneers are very thin, once bonded to your teeth they become strong. The process is fast and conservative. First, your teeth are prepared and impressions are sent to a dental laboratory along with the design for your new smile. Veneers may be recommended along with other cosmetic procedures in order to produce optimal results.
Veneer Procedure Benefits:
- You can have your porcelain veneers and a beautiful new smile in just two office visits!
- Very little tooth alteration to your natural teeth and does not affect neighboring teeth.
- Gap space between teeth can be closed without braces.
- Veneers can add tooth length to worn down teeth.
- Veneers can add tooth shape and thickness.
- Veneers can cover broken or chipped teeth so that they look like healthy normal teeth.
- Renew the color of discolored teeth.
- There is no dark line at the base like you may have noticed with some dental crowns, and porcelain is stain-resistant for lasting beauty.
Our office provides everything you need to achieve the beautiful, natural look you seek. You will receive the care you deserve at our office that is easily accessible with convenient hours.
Make an Appointment
Call Us Today
Proudly serving Antioch - Oakley - Brentwood - Pittsburg - Concord