A root canal may be needed if the decay has reached the tooth's nerve.
Essentially, a root canal involves cleaning out a tooth's infected root, then filling and sealing the canal.
1) An opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.
2) The pulp is removed, and the root canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped.
3) The infected area is medicated.
4) The root canals are filled.
5) The crown opening is filled with a temporary filling.
A post and crown is used when there is not enough tooth structure left for retention after your root canal procedure to support a crown. A post will be placed upon the tooth root. Dr. Palano will then make a crown buildup around the post. After that, a crown will be placed on the buildup.
Our office provides everything you need to achieve the beautiful, natural look you seek. You will receive the care you deserve at our office that is easily accessible with convenient hours.
Make an Appointment
Call Us Today
Proudly serving Antioch - Oakley - Brentwood - Pittsburg - Concord